A good general car maintenance will give us the possibility to extend the life of the car and feel safe when driving.
How to keep the car in good condition
A car in good condition will give us the possibility to travel more safely not only for the benefit of our family but also for the other motorists.
Also, keeping the engine and other accessories are taken care of will also avoid possible breakages, which at the cost of the arrangement will be much greater than the cost of having it maintained in good condition or complied with the plan determined by the manufacturer of our vehicle.
To keep your car in excellent condition, we invite you to consider the following tips.
Tips for keeping the car in good condition
- Oil: Ideally, change the oil every 5,000 or 8,000 kilometers and replace the filter at every change.
- Antifreeze: If you live in a cold climate, you should check it every week.
- Shock absorbers: Check their condition periodically and check for possible oil leaks.
- Battery: If your battery needs maintenance, check the battery levels every 3 months or so. If necessary add liquid for batteries or purified or distilled water.
- Air Filter: Check them every 2 or 3 months or more often if we travel on dirt roads or live in areas of heavy dust. Change it if we notice too many dirty ones.
- The filter of naphtha and oil: We must control them periodically and keep them always in good condition. Check for leaks or cracks in the material.
- Headlights front: Check that all the lights work and are not as high as they can obscure vision car traveling front of us.
- Rear headlamps: Check that all bulbs are operating correctly. And for both headlights and rear lights, it’s a good option to bring some spare headlights and fuses inside the car.
- Windscreen wiper blades: Before the rainy season begins, we must check that they are not dry or broken, because in that case very little will serve in the rain.
- Fluid Brakes: Check every 60 days the brake fluid level. If the level is low, complete and checks for possible leaks.
- Tires: Checking the pressure of the tires, is essential for the good operation of the engine and also to avoid uneven wear, save fuel and make a much safer ride. Also check for bubbles or lumps, cracks or excessive wear.
- Tuning: Tune your engine every 50,000 kilometers or when your trusted mechanic tells you to.
- Belts: It is fundamental to change the belts every 40,000 kilometers, or when the maintenance manual of your car so indicates, this will ensure a better performance of the engine.