Whether you are going for free or if you are going to target a driving school, it is interesting to have clear a series of concepts that will facilitate the process of learning to drive. Knowing how the vehicle’s gears work, the best way to drive on the road, the best way to brake, etc. are issues that will help you to take the car more safely and, therefore, you will be more receptive to learning. In uptodatetrend.com we offer a series of tips on how to learn to drive a car.
How to Learn to Drive a Car
1. Many people with the card obtained just do not feel safe enough to drive a car. Individual insecurity is positive in the sense that it will make us travel with more caution, but at certain levels can lead to dangerous maneuvers or even the driver may suffer from amaxophobia or fear of driving. The possibility of these situations appearing diminishes if we are aware of some fundamental issues about car and driving.
2. Well, to learn to drive a car is key that we have a minimum knowledge of its operation. The problem of the speeds with which we have to play when driving is critical. The lower the gear we use, the more power the engine will have; But as the car picks up, we must increase the speed, since the vehicle will need less power to move forward.
3. Also about the marches of the car, we have to know that we should not always start the first one. Thus, for example, if we are downhill when releasing the brake the car will start to move forward, and it will suffice to start on Monday. On the other hand, if the road is slippery due to the circumstance that it is, it is always advisable to go in the highest marches that we can. As this way, the wheels exert less pressure, and there is less possibility of the car skidding.
4. New drivers often force the engine a lot until they move into a higher gear. However, we must know that at 50 kilometers per hour can already be circulated at the highest speed, in fifth, with total normality. You have to get used to listening to the noise emitted by the engine; If it is very forced, it will indicate that it already needs a higher gear. On the contrary, if it seems that it is going to stop, is that the march is too high and we must reduce.
5. The position of the arms on the steering wheel is also another essential question when learning to drive a car. If we do not do well, we run the risk of ending our arms crossed in a very tight curve. Thus, in pronounced turns, we must keep our hands like the handles of a clock marking the 10 and 10 and make the steering wheel the only one that turns, sliding between our hands. Read this article if you want to know other questions about how to sit in the car.
6. Knowing how to take a curve from speed is also crucial. Whether the turn is smooth or a very steep curve, we must follow this principle: to enter with reduced speed until half of the curve and to begin to accelerate when we are starting to leave it. We always have to stay in our lane and at a speed in which we can control the car, better to go too slow at first than not having to brake at all suddenly because we do not control the car.
7. Another issue that we should keep in mind when learning to drive a car is the engine brake. We do not always have to use the brake pedal to reduce the speed of the car. The car will also slow down, but we must do it gradually because at certain speeds the car will not allow very low gears.
8. Knowing our car in detail will help us to control it and, thus, to drive it more safely. Read the car manual thoroughly to find out where all the lights are, the horn, how to power the water, what kind of fuel you use, how to open the hood, etc.
9. In every learning process, it is basic not to be left with any doubt. If you go to a driving school, ask all the questions you have, even if they seem very obvious to you. We also recommend that you go to this link where you will find many articles about issues related to how to drive a car.