The urine stains and odors that are generated on the mattresses can be quite unpleasant and difficult to remove if they are not cleaned quickly. If you have small children at home and you have to deal with this situation frequently, do not worry, in this article of uptodatetrend.com we provide a series of tips very easy to put into practice and so you can remove the urine from a mattress with complete success.
You will need to:
1. The first step is to remove all clothing from the stained mattress and wash it in hot water with detergent. In case the mattress is covered by an anti-allergenic or anti-Allergan cover, remove it and clean it too.
2. The most efficient remedy for removing urine stains from a mattress is to use a particular cleaning product. The best thing to do is to carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the mattress cleaner, which will include spraying the product on the stain, allowing the recommended time on it to take action. Then you will need to clean or vacuum the waste and ready!
3. The next home trick is also a good solution to remove urine from the mattress. Place about one cup full of baking soda with a little water in the urine stained area, cover the mattress with large plastic and let it act for at least 6 to 8 hours. You can also use a “magic formula”: 2 parts baking soda, 2 parts vinegar, 1 part detergent. You apply on the urine, and you will see how in a few hours it will disappear.
4. After this time, remove the plastic from the mattress and aspirate the baking soda. Check that it has absorbed the urine stain completely and sprays the entire mattress with a disinfectant spray. It is a product that will kill all the germs and leave the mattress with a very fresh and clean smell.
5. If the above method does not give the expected results, you can try the following mixture to remove the urine stain and the unpleasant odor of the mattress. Mix 1 liter of hydrogen peroxide with 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of baking soda, sprinkle on the stain and let stand for 30 minutes. Then remove the mixture and allow it to air dry.
Vinegar has a strong smell. If you are working in a small room, ventilate the area well.