How to remove the virus on Android? One of the positives of Android is that we are free to do just about anything. Thanks to that freedom we can install applications from unofficial stores, use accessories of almost any brand and get root or super user access to get even more freedom. But this freedom can also bring us problems, such as finding application in an unofficial store that sends our data to a server to offer us personalized advertising, a type of virus or malware known as Ad-Aware. So how do we have to act to go about insurance?
In this article, we will try to solve all your doubts. Like the best way to act so that we do not affect by any virus or how to eliminate viruses in Android, if we have already been infected or the difference between a Trojan and a virus, although the correct way to call it is “Malware”, you can even install some of the best free antiviruses for Android . That said, in this article, we will teach you how to remove viruses on Android, although we have left that it is malware.
Trojans and viruses on Android, how are they different?
Both Trojans and viruses are malware. By definition, malware is software created with malicious intent. But among this type of software there are many different kinds:
- A Trojan gets its name from the famous Trojan horse. The Trojan horse was supposed to be a gift that left enemies at the city gates, the Trojans introduced him to their city without hesitation and were killed by several Greek enemies inside. A Trojan virus acts in the same way: it deceives us into thinking that it is a good thing and, once we trust it, it acts and makes its own. In other words, they need us to execute and trust them in some way so they can infect us and function.
- A virus is a type of malicious application that infects and propagates freely. What exists on Android is malware, which means that they are malicious applications that can work only and exclusively if we allow it, so they try to trick us into executing them and giving them permissions. On Android, no file can run and make changes without our permission, so there are no viruses on Android.
Common sense is the best antivirus
A proper use of a device is the best antivirus. Without going any further, I have not used antivirus in Windows for years, and we all know that until recently Microsoft’s system was a virus nest. In Android, like any other mobile or desktop operating system, it is easy to enter a website that shows us a warning that our device is infected. It is, directly, a lie. The intention of these windows is that we enter a link and download software that in all probability will be paid. If we see these types of windows, among which we can also see that we have won a prize, what we have to do is to pass Olympically from them.
There are also other types of windows much more annoying that will not allow us to navigate. These windows will bombard us with popup windows that will block our browser in an attempt to make us believe that we have caught a Ransomware virus (which hijacks our device, such as the famous police virus). One of the windows that will show us will ask us to enter our phone number. Do not do it! What we have to do if it happens to us is, after cursing them, go to the browser settings and delete the history.
In short, common sense tells us that:
- No one awards prizes for surfing.
- We will not catch a virus just by entering a web page.
- If the browser seems to have been hijacked, we will delete the history.
- Do not enter pages of dubious legitimacy.
- Do not install applications of dubious origin.
It’s better to prevent than to cure
This advice might seem the same as the previous one, but it does not. As we mentioned earlier, on Android, you can install apps from unofficial stores. But do we want to take that risk? In the settings of the phone, there is an option that is marked by default and prevents the installation of applications from unknown sources. It is best to leave it as it is. If we know someone who does not control a lot of technology and we want you to be safe, we can verify that you have this option turned on so that you can not install applications from outside the app stores.
There is also another option that verifies applications to not allow or warn before installing applications that may cause damage to the device. It is worth having these two options marked, which, together with common sense, will minimize the chances that a malicious application will affect us.
On the other hand, it is also worth reading all the permissions that an application asks us at the moment of installing it. If an application of a flashlight asks us for access to our contacts, beware.
How to remove Trojans on Android
But if you are reading this article, chances are it is late to apply the above tips (or at least for the problem you will be suffering right now). Before attempting to proceed to the solution at the end of this article, we will try to remove the Trojan manually. For this we will do the following:
- What we will have to do is start the device in safe mode. Safe mode will prevent third-party applications from working, so the malware that is making life impossible for us will not. To put the device in safe mode, on most devices we will have to press the power button for one second, which will show the power off menu.
- Next, we press again for a second, and we will see the option to start in safe mode. If your device does not offer this option in this way, it will be necessary to perform an internet search to know how to start in safe mode on your particular device.
- We touch Start in safe mode.
- Once started we will have to go to Settings / Applications and access the section of downloaded applications.
- In this smooth we will have to look for an application with a strange name or that should not be installed. For example, the game Angry Birds if we have never installed it or an application with a name similar to “xjdhilsitughls.”
- We removed that suspicious application.
- It is also a good idea to see what the latest applications have been installed. If we see something strange, we eliminate it.
- Next, we exit the application menu and go to Settings / Security / Device Manager a route that may vary depending on the device. In this section, we will see the applications that have the status of an administrator. Click on the box of the application that does not allow us to uninstall and click on “Disable” in the following screen. Now you can go back to the apps menu and delete it.
- Now restart the device.
- Finally, we verify that everything works correctly.
At this point, it should be noted that malicious applications are software, which is no secret. In most cases, a virus can be deleted “a la brava”, which means backing up our important data like contacts, calendars and photos and restoring the device without recovering copy beyond the important data.
How to remove viruses on Android
Android is base on Linux and Linux is based on Unix. Unix family operating systems can not catch viruses, or this is highly unlikely. If it happens that our Android device has found a virus, its removal should be no different than the removal of a Trojan. I would say that where else we would have to fix it is at the time of removing it manually since a virus could spread more easily than a Trojan. Although I repeat that it ‘s hard to catch one, a virus could leave its application and infect other folders, so it might be best to restore the device.
How to prevent viruses from entering Android
If we want to be fully protected, and more considering that we just got out of a problem related to malware, it may be a good idea to install a good antivirus. There are many on Google Play, but you have to be careful to download one that is worth it. Many of the applications we can find will not offer good protection, so we could be using a quiet device that nothing is going to happen to us and we would be wrong.
To go about safe, then you have three of the best antivirus that you can find in the Google App Store. The good thing about these applications, apart from the obvious peace of mind that comes with using applications from such important companies, is that they are free.